Interview: Revilution

Revilution are an up and coming band from California. As their bio states:  "They say that music is the language of the soul, and nothing could be truer for this Rock & Roll Band. Composed of a group of inspirational musicians and skillful performers, the artists behind REVILUTION have earned their reputation as a talented band to look out for. From live gigs to studio sessions and more, they continue to touch fans around the world with their distinct and enjoyable musical style." Mattowarrior's Metal Madness caught up with the group for an in depth interview: 



What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Dan Seitz, vocals, guitar: Currently listening to my collection of Nazareth cassette tapes.

Marie B, vocals: I’m listening to a cd Dan made me of our songs. We have lots of live performances coming up so I want to be sure I’m ready for anything that could be included in a set list for a given time slot. Also the audio on DogTV for my dog, Chico. It’s relaxing and doesn’t demand my attention.

Scott Flint, guitar, vocals: Ghost, Lamb Of God.

Mikey Chavez, bass: “A Quick Death in Texas” by Clutch.

Joe Hernandez, drums: “The Truth Hurts” by Pro-Pain. One of my favorites.

Tell us about the new songs and the new video!!

Mikey: “Bastard,” “Face Down,” and “Phantoms” are on the new EP.

Dan: They’re all songs I wrote several years ago, but they needed a proper band and good production to bring them to life! “Bastard” is the one people seem to like the most, so it was a no-brainer to make a video for it. So we wrangled permission from a railway museum to shoot on their location, loaded up some instruments and a Sony Handy Cam, and went and shot it ourselves. I couldn’t find any smoke bombs, so I googled how to make them myself. Once we got all the footage, I edited it all together. We had a blast!

Joe: “Bastard” is a great song and shooting the video was pretty cool. It’s our hit.

Marie: In the video I did some go-go dancing on the back of a train car. There were no safety nets so there was a danger factor that doesn’t appear in the video. I crawled up the ladder and got up there because it seemed like the most natural place to support my band mates. We all just did our parts then Dan cut the video together to make his vision of the song. The fellas are super easy to work with and add their own tasty bits in there that I didn’t see until I’d watched the finished video a few times.

Biggest achievement of 2019 so far? 

Mikey: Well, we got to play a show up in Hollywood, also did a Vegas show in a crappy (but VERY hip) bar with a SUPER colorful bathroom. I got my outstanding warrants paid off and our drummer FINALLY had the suspension on his driver’s license reversed. Various band members are back on their meds...or not...but it’s all good.

Scott: Playing The Whisky and taking Las Vegas by storm during a storm!

Joe: Playing the Whisky and playing our first show in Vegas! Not a bad way to start off the year!

Marie: It’s been one achievement after another so far this year. 

Since we started working with BSquared Management every gig gets better. Even though the Whisky A Go Go was a huge notch on the bedpost, going to Las Vegas as the headliner was even better! So I’ll say doing the show at Double Down Saloon was the biggest achievement.

Dan: I got to mark the Whisky off my bucket list, and playing our first out-of-state show, too!

Where can we hang out with REVILUTION soon and listen to the music? 


Joe: We have a gig in Costa Mesa on March 7th next. But if you can’t make that show just check the website, we always like meeting and hanging out with new fans.

Mikey: You can check us out on Facebook or the website...

Danhttps://www.facebook.com/revilution1 or http://www.revilution.com.

Mikey: Or you can go to Dan’s or Marie’s or Joe’s houses if you need a place to crash. Don’t bother hitting up Scott or myself as we’re homeless, but as I mentioned earlier, I don’t have any warrants.

Scott: We have many shows lined up, just visit the Facebook page for listings.

Dan: They’re coming in hard and fast!

Tour plans for 2019? 

Joe: I hope so, I’m ready to hit the road.

Mikey: We will be playing SoCal area wherever we can. Hopefully our management will come up with a full sponsorship for a Thailand tour. I’ve read they have some SPICY food in Bangkok, can’t wait! Plus, I have all my shots (I think).

Marie: I was just talking with Eric Nedelman from the band Unpaved Highway, and he said he feels almost like they’re touring with us. We are booked for two shows with them so far; the Tiki Bar in Costa Mesa, and Til Two Club in San Diego.

Scott: Looking to do a Midwest Summer tour.

Our audiences make us most happy when they...

Mikey: Have fun.

Scott: Yell for encores and come talk to us after the shows.

Dan: The encore was a new one for me, I enjoyed the hell out of that!

Joe: When they’re just enjoying the music being themselves.

Marie: Audiences make me most happy when they dig our show. Get up and dance, clap their hands, give us a shout out along with the songs. The funnest one was the guy who wanted us to play a cover song we don’t play. He obviously knew we are an original band...and so in the middle of the show he yells it again. I yelled back, “we’re not playing that!” So he throws his hands in the air and runs out of the building! It was hilarious! Then afterward he came up and gave me a tip concealed with a handshake! Then a gal from San Francisco raved and raved about nuances of our performance. She was a set list collector, too, and they make the best “woo” girls! They get off on the show and it makes it fun for the band and the other audience members.

When we're not playing music, you can find REVILUTION...

Marie: Working or playing with dogs, playing the music in our vehicles. I play it when I’m driving because I love how it makes me feel. Dan also likes to make me any cd I want with any genre of music. He got me a first pressing of a record I really like, then put it on cd for me. He edited every click and pop down to just the right amount so I can listen to it in my car but it sounds like the record.

Scott: You’ll find me at home on my PC writing and recording backing tracks for radio commercials as well as writing new music for the band.

Joe: Find me at the beach and cruising the Mean Streets of West LA.

Mikey: Practicing playing music, trying to stay relatively healthy, hanging out with my dogs, slowly preparing for the fucking Zombie Apocalypse; keyword “slowly,” as Zombies ain’t that fast (hopefully).

Dan: Hanging with my dogs while I play with my stereo system. I should make a Nazareth reel-to-reel tape...

Our favorite song to play LIVE...

Mikey: Personally, I like them all, what can I say?

Joe: I like them all. They’re all rockin’ tunes to play live.

Marie: I like to perform Bastard because we worked up some really cool crowd engagement choreography with it. I also like GirlStuff because whether I’m doing a sound check with no instruments or with the whole band playing the crowd always loves it. Plus, it’s my jam.

Dan: It’s too hard for me to pick a favorite, they’re all high-energy tunes so they’re all a blast!

Scott: My favorite song to play live is all of them! They’re just fun to play and sound so good!


A special thanks to everyone for this great interview! 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview: Deeper Vileness (Black Metal)

Danzig - Deth Red Sabaoth (Review) 3/5