Interview: Jevil Project




I recently had the opportunity to interview Jevil Project, a highly addictive heavy instrumental metal project from France. Here is what Jevil Project's mainman had to say:



What is the current lineup of Jevil Project? Only myself & my guitars 

What do you envision a Jevil Project show being like? A show like one of Slipknot or Rammstein would be awesome. Big explosions and fireworks haha


Do you forsee playing live in the near future? No. I stopped bands & shows. In the past that was a great experience but life goes on. 


What do you think the best albums of 2020 were? My fav albums of 2020 are "Hindsights" by Emmure, "Ohms" by Deftones & "Power Up" by AC/DC. 


How do you achieve the very cool sludgy bass sound on the ep? 

I used an 8 string guitar for this EP. I love to play with the distortion level. In my opinion, dirty things are more interesting than sanitized stuff. 


What goes into producing a Jevil Project recording (gear, apps, etc)? It's simple. A guitar plugged into my Blackstar tube amp plugged into a Behringer external soundcard. I use some pedals like a small Nux compressor. I find my drumloops on the web, I just need to insert them into Audacity. I use a great DT770PRO by Beyerdynamic. Very useful. A good whisky coke is very useful too for composing. 

What advantages do you think there is in releasing music in such short bursts? This isn't a criticism as some of my favorite albums growing up were albums like Misfits Earth AD, or Black Flag's Nervous Breakdown EP, but what do you see the advantages as within your musical realm? Mmm in my opinion, shaort releases in short bursts are more interesting than waiting 5 five years for listen to something. But I record when I have inspiration. My EPs have a guideline and try to be intense with short tracks is primordial to me. That's small pieces but if you enjoy 6 or 7 minutes with my stuff, you'll enjoy to click on "repeat" haha


You can check out Jevil Project at the following links:

https://linktr.ee/JevilProject

www.facebook.com/jevilproject

www.instagram.com/jevil.project

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview: Deeper Vileness (Black Metal)

Danzig - Deth Red Sabaoth (Review) 3/5